vrijdag 6 mei 2011

What to do in NY city??

Tomorrow around this time, i will be in NY city.. Hopefully relaxing after a long flight and sipping my Cosmopolitan on the rocks;)

Well, yes thats how i picture it! I visited New York once, while i was transferring a flight from Mexico..
The only view i had was a tiny skyline of Manhattan covered in a lot of snow.. I did some shopping at Newark airport and was surprised about all the food and gadgets they had even at this airport! I spend some time in the Guess store, where i was amazed about the low prices compared to Holland.. I was talking to the shop assistant and she was very enthusiastic about 'the city that never sleeps'.. There is always someone in for a good party or a 'chill' night. The possibilities with food, shopping and to-do things are endless and there are more than 1.000 nationalities in NY which is shown by the varieties of neighborhoods.

I will spend 1 week in NY and already made a list of what to do, see, shop, drink and eat in this amazing city.
Some friends gave me their tips on what you must see and must not see.
My brothers want to take me to a game of the Yankees.. Normally i'm not that into baseball or that kind of sports but i think you have to have the experience of a real American play!

I also want to experience the way of living in NY. For example, on a sunny day doing some groceries at a local store, get a blanket and take a long pick-nick in Central park watching familys, couples etc.. walking by. Of course i will take my running shoes with me, so when the jetlag is not kicking in extremely, i will go for a run in this huge park together with all the other sport fanatics:)

And, well very important for me.. Where to shop? This city offers a great amount of shopping possibilities and seen the fact the dollar rate is quite low for European people, we have to use this low-rate moment! My must-shop spots are:
Macy's, Bloomingdales, Forever 21, Abercrombie & Fitch, Century 21, Apple store, AUh20 vintage store and pier 17 mall.

Haven't made a list of what to get, because if i do so, i will not find it and only be disappointed about my not reached goal;)

For the rest, hope to enjoy my time at this great city and being able to bring you guys a great report about this trip with my very own experiences!

Keep an eye, update is coming in 2 weeks;)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten