woensdag 20 april 2011

Pilates and running, my work-out schedule!


Since being in Mexico my perspective about the world, people and mind have changed. But also my taste, preferences and interests..
One of them is exercise.. My father is addicted to running; well, now I am too.. 2 times a week I take a run around the area I’m living in and for 45 minutes I clear my mind and feel so much more energetic when returning home!

The secret of a good running start is: Listen to your body and take it easy.
Don’t expect yourself to be able to run 4 km in a row suddenly.. You have to adapt the situation and start by running for 3 minutes, then walking 3 minutes.. It totally depends if you are in good shape and health, but that is how I started and the results were noticeable quickly, by running 4 km non stop 2 weeks later! I started running when I lived in Mexico with temperatures, let’s say, we don’t have here in Holland!



Good way to train your body and sweat out all of those Mojito’s, Piña colada’s and whatnot..
But that’s aside.. I continued running here in Holland with opposite temperatures but it doesn’t matter.. During running your body seems to be very good in keeping you warm or, in tropical conditions, cooling you off.

One other exercise addiction of me; apart from running, is pilates.
This is a good way to learn how to breathe and really strengthens your muscles in a nice and relaxing way. Not like yoga, but in my opinion, more active.
It’s all about the way you breathe during exercise and you will notice you strengthen your muscles when practising a few times a week.. I try to do the pilates exercises everyday, simply to clear your mind and the good feeling it brings you.. 


I’m not a yoga person, because I have to move my body more while meditate..
Pilates makes you relax, but keeping your body active at the same time!
I followed some pilates classes in Mexico, that are (in my opinion) better than over here..
In Holland they seem to be more old school with it and are trying to define those classes with the whole meditation world! Attending one of those classes, I figured out I was the youngest one of the group and the other woman were only chatting about their husbands, movies, food and other mid-aged subjects..:P
I decided to stay with my own pilates routine once a day which I followed in Mexico.

I have found a similar work out pilates lesson on youtube which is perfect to start with and keep on doing next to your normal work out.
I follow this routine once a day and those 7 minutes of pilates really makes a difference to keep your mind clear and your body in shape!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten