maandag 14 maart 2011

Style icons


Ok, a lot of girls have them.. Style icons. Most of the time famous or important people/models/actors who inspire you with their style of fashion. Ofcourse once in a while we are bored with our icon and switch to another. Let’s be honest, back in the days I loved the style of Jennifer Lopez and, believe it or not, Lindsay Lohan. But after Jenny becoming a mum and Lindsay becoming an addict I prefer to look for some new inspiration..

First one is Sylvie van der Vaart, formerly known as Sylvie Meis. She became a Dutch tv host at TMF, the music programme, back in 2002. Her style was tropical, girly and sexy. Not really my style back then, but after she married soccer player Rafael van der Vaart and moved to Germany her sense of fashion became better and better. She became a celebrity in Germany and was seen, just like Heidi Klum and Claudia Schiffer on the cover of OTTO. A German fashion company. Holland was still keeping an eye on her, because after all, she is a Dutchie and nominated her for best dressed woman of 2009 in collaboration with Jackie Magazine.


Unfortunately, breast cancer was located in her body and after a lot of medications, hair loss and heavy surgery against this horrible disease, she was cured at the end of 2009. She decided not to give up on life and enjoyed it more than ever. Her short hair was praised all over Europe and became one of the most inspiring hair cuts of 2010. She was hosting different programs in Germany and moved to London with her family in the end of 2010 to support her husband at his new club. She is still working in Holland and Germany for different shows and events. Also, she is keeping up a blog about her life and her thoughts of fashion in Grazia, the Dutch glossy and fashion magazine. I love to read it every week and it inspires me what she thinks of different trends in fashion. I really like her style right now, because its feminine, business with a sexy touch. Enough reasons to keep on following my style icon!
Her previous long hair that looks good, but i think short hair suits her way better!


Another quite new style icon of me is Blake Lively. Same age but taller so that not all of her styles will suite me, but still I enjoy seeing new inspiring outfits of this new IT girl that every designer would love to use in his/her fashion campaign! Since I am lightly addicted to Gossip girl I became to notice that I like her style of clothing, but mostly by day. Because of her well- presented cleavage and her connections in the ‘high class elite’ of Manhattan, I don’t think her night outfits would suit me the best, but Serena van der Woodsen rocks them!   
Blake, natural beauty with good sense of style

4 opmerkingen: